The inevitable “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” post is being brought to you by my own sheer laziness and inability to focus.
When I was 32, a Psychiatrist told me that I have attention deficit disorder. He prescribed me with Adderall. I took the drug for one week and thought it was the worst thing I’d ever been prescribed. The stuff made my left eye close halfway and made my brain feel numb. I felt so lethargic I could drool. I tossed the pills in the garbage and never saw another Psychiatrist after that. I’d rather live with my intense energized personality than a listless indifferent version of myself. Guess I could count this as one thing you didn’t know about me, but I won’t. :-p
Anyway, lately I’ve had a lot of work to do. My website is being rebuilt and my upcoming book is getting designed. I need to write a lot of copy for both. I seriously can’t wait to show you them, because they look insanely spectacular. I’m so excited! Just a few more months and we’re off!
But, now, without further ado…. here’s my list:
1. I have played a variety of instruments, starting with the piano at the age of four, then the viola, then the clarinet, then the guitar, and finally DJ turntables. I also owned a set of drums as a kid. Unfortunately, I never stuck with any instrument, so I can’t play any now and I regret that.
2. Out of all the instruments that I’ve played, piano and viola were my favorites. I also know for a fact that I would have been a killer DJ if I had started younger. 😉
3. I hated playing sports as a teen, so I became the manager of my high school’s varsity field hockey team and earned a varsity letter the easy way. Ha
4. My spleen was removed when I was eight years old, because it was enlarged. I almost got left back in school that year due to my frequent absences.
5. I received special help in math for the entire duration of my formative education, but got straight A’s in my college statistics classes without any additional help.
6. One of my childhood math tutors was the older sister of my best friend. Today, she’s one of my closest friends and a professional writer/editor. She’s also the editor of my upcoming book!
7. I consider myself to be a pretty big geek who used to play a ton of video games all day long (I mean ALL DAY), until life became too hectic and I got an Apple computer. Real games are meant for PCs. I was never a tremendous console gamer, but Nintendo will always hold a special place in my heart.
8. At the age of 19, I sang in a competition that took place in a mall. It was my first time singing in front of an audience, so I was petrified. Something went right, because I was asked to perform in the next round of the competition, which took place in Los Angeles, California. My dad didn’t let me go because I was too young, so that was the end of my professional singing career.
9. I was also the lead singer in an electronic band when I was in college.
10. I truly dislike roses. The only flower I dislike more are lilies. I prefer tulips or any other flower that has a delicate appearance and comes in a rainbow of colors.
11. I don’t watch any television shows. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
12. The only sports I enjoy watching are boxing and ultimate fighting championship. Other sports I can tolerate watching include soccer, tennis, football, basketball, and ice hockey. Fortunately, I don’t turn on my TV, so this is a non-issue.
13. My ethnic background is Italian and Puerto Rican. I’m first generation Italian and second generation Puerto Rican.
14. The last movie I saw in a theater was “This Is The End.” I loved it.
15. The sexiest features on a man are his haircut and his mouth, unless he has stunning green or blue eyes.
16. I absolutely love indoor cycling and weight training.
17. Someday, I’d love to own a French bulldog, a Boston terrier, an exotic shorthair and maybe a Scottish fold. I’ll be the Angelina Jolie of international pet breeds.
18. When I’m not working on my wellness efforts, I work in the entertainment/media industry. To date, I’ve worked in radio, film, publishing, and television.
19. My media career has introduced me to a variety of actors and musicians, from Diana Ross to Tom Cruise. The crazy thing is, I’ve met bloggers with bigger egos than some of the A-list celebrities I’ve met. Cracks me up every time.
20. I prefer city tours over beach vacations, unless it’s a romantic getaway.
21. I am not a fan of Los Angeles or Las Vegas.
22. The best food I ever ate was in Sicily.
23. I’m a morning person.
24. I eat an apple a day to keep the doctor away. Fuji apples are my favorite.
25. I love building things, from toy models to jewelry. I’m also really into drawing and painting and would love to increase my skills in these areas.
Thanks for being patient with me as I work on my various other projects.
I always like to learn more about people, so if you feel like telling me a bit about yourself please do so in the comments section below!
Share this Post