8 Ways to Improve Your Life
I’m writing this blog post at 3:26 AM EST because I can’t sleep.
I can’t sleep because I woke up wondering if I’ve been making good decisions lately.
My self-talk sounds something like this
when I’m feeling out of sorts:
- Am I doing the right things in my career?
- Am I making the right decisions about my life?
- Should I spend my time and positive energy on people who don’t give as much to me?
- Do I have control over my health insurance bills?
- I wish I could hug my grandma.
- Maybe I should move upstate and live closer to my parents.
- Will my book and all of the work that I do ever prove meaningful?
- The rent is too damn high.
After allowing my mind to wander through its negative loops, I had the thought, “Whatever is happening right now is meant to teach you a lesson.”
I then reminded myself that nothing good ever came of life when I tried to control it according to the timeline in my brain.
Of course, it’s not easy to “let go and let God,” as they say. Especially if you have a type A personality like me.
But all of this got me thinking about the silly tricks the ego plays to keep us thinking small, in lack, and feeling unworthy.
So, I created a guide to remind us which thoughts and actions to take to improve our lives.
If you know anyone who tries to predict the future or control outcomes, please share this post with them!